Thursday, May 2, 2013

451 VOCAB BLOG


    KEROSENE
 [care-oh-seen]
1852
Colorless flammable oil .
The smell of kerosene is very effective to my headache problems.
    
 Luxuriously
[lug-zher-ee-us-lee]
1300–50
Very comfortable with high-quality expensive things.
My shower is made of glass and has brick interior wall , all my guest say it's very luxuriously nice.

   Prior
 [pry-err]
 Earlier in time or sequence.
1705–15
She had felt that a moment prior to his making the turn, someone had been there.

Compress 
[com-press]
1843
To shrink or press things together.
I compressed my PP&J sandwich together after i finished spreading the jelly on.





Hypnotize
 [hip-no-tize]
To fascinate or put someone into a state of hypnosis.
1843
The new student named ton-ye' hypnotized me with his beautiful green eyes.



 Miraculous 
[myrr-rack-you-luss]
1400–50
Something that is unexpected, extraordinary or marvelous in an event.
It was extremely miraculous when my teacher said she liked me .


      Illumination
 [ill-lew-min-nation]
1300–50
The provision of light to make something visible or bright or the fact of being lit up.
The Illumination of her picture was bright and beautiful.

 
Marionette
[mary-an-net]
1610–20
Usually known as a puppet that is worked by strings.
 I watched the marionette show every night at 6:30 p.m.


 Thimble 
[thim-bull]
 before 1000; Middle English 
A cover for a finger when sewing
It also had two Jacuzzi's and a hot water heater the size of a thimble.
  
Distill 
[dis-still]
1325–75
To purify a liquid by boiling it and then condensing its vapor, or undergo purification in this way.
My mother buys distilled water for my baby brother to drink with his milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment